Jul 15, 2021
Welcome to The Kayleigh O’Keefe Show!
“The meaning of life is growth,” says Nate Novosel, author of the award-winning book The Meaning of Life: A guide to finding your life’s purpose. Based on decades’ worth of knowledge about how the world works and why, Nate’s book presents readers with eight core concepts that they must master in order to derive true meaning from life. Nate explains that his book does not tell readers how to live, but rather provides them with the tools they need to achieve a purposeful and fulfilling existence.
Tune into this week’s episode of The Kayleigh O’Keefe Show to learn more about:
• Growth, meaning and contrarian insights
• Nate’s infallible equation for emotional state
• How humans have started to hack empathy
• And why the art of caring is a crucial step towards finding joy!
• “There is always going to be something else. That’s why growth is the point because growth is forever….Life is a journey not a destination. The reason why they say that is because the point of life is growth and that point never ends. There is no finality to it. You will die, but your children will carry on and so forth.” (15:34-15:50)
• “The meaning of life is not to live ethically per se. You should live ethically, but it’s not to find the right set of ethics. There isn’t this magical set of ethics that if I followed these I’d be the perfect human being.” (21:43-21:55)
• “Emotions are not the meaning of life, they are the indicator of growth….Indicators can be hacked. That’s why happiness is not the point because...you can do all of these things to hack your emotions, and it has nothing to do with whether you’re actually growing and thriving or being harmed.” (30:00-31:03)
• “Identify growth opportunities that are significant to you...then identify experiences that can help you grow in those areas….If you already have the desire for it, great go do it. But if you don’t, build the desire for things that you like….Build belief that your growth areas are possible to get better at….Use your emotions to give you feedback….Make sure you figure out the best way to do something, the right way to do it….Go get help, also give help….Make good choices every day. Just decide that you’re going to continue to grow and improve in those areas.” (51:09-54:36)
• “I always found that I couldn’t do something well unless I cared. So, even if I was doing the most meaningless task in the world, in order for me to do a good job, I’d have to care. So I learned to increase my caring for things.” (58:04-58:22)
Visit Kayleigh's website: https://kayleighokeefe.com/
Schedule an Author Discovery Call: https://calendly.com/kayleigh-okeefe/solo-book-writing-publishing